Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Planning for Christmas...NO WAY!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but there are only 141 days until Christmas, which if your like me....sounds like 10 years, but if your like most people, you realize that this is really right around the corner. Crap!

In trying to be frugal and responsible with this years Christmas budget, I am trying to sit down and at least plan a little for this years holiday wrapfest - only to be discouraged in a number of ways.

1. I have a huge list to buy for - DH's side of the family refuses to draw names, and it kills me! There are 5 grandkids, 3 siblings and their spouses, and of course grandma and grandpa...that's a honkin' load of loot. Then you consider that they are 5 hours away, and we have to ship everything up there unless we plan to spend Christmas up there (no way jose, that's another story entirely!) This eats up a huge hole in my gift budget!

2. My kids - my kids are at the age where they either don't really need anything, don't really want anything, and if I didn't get them anything, they would throw a fit the likes of my mother in law (see item #1). I just don't know what to do for them.

3. My side of the family - My mom has everything she wants/needs, and has little interests, so finding something perfect for her is really hard. My sister and her family "have it all" and we could never afford the type of gifts they are accustomed to anyways. My nephew has very expensive hobbies and tastes, and is at that akward age where toys just really don't cut it anymore, and the video games and motorcycle things he does want are WAYYYYYYYYYYY over my gift giving budget.

Bah humbug you might say????

Nope, I'm not going there this year!

I am going to sit here and plan, plan, plan, until I come up with ideas for each of them - with a little help from you of course, if you're up for the challenge???

How are you planning for the holidays?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've begun a list in my Home Diary where I put traditions. Things I want to do, that makes it more 'fun' for our girls, and I don't forget it! We are also doing a very special unit study during the month of December that teaches all about each name of Jesus and its significance. I think planning for Christmas is wise! I've said for a couple of years now - I'm going to do.....
and then never do it, because I lost the paper that had the idea or wasn't well enough prepared, but this year - I'm ready!

Thanks for coming over to my blog and commenting! I encourage you to come back any time you would like and lurk, just leave comments - I LOVE talking with people! I'll be back to yours!!!